How to Replace a Dometic Awning Fabric
Dometic awnings offer superior comfort, better ease of usage, and toughness as against most other awnings available in the market today, thus gaining popularity. However, even Dometic awnings might need replacing if they are subjected to severe wear and tear. Although, Dometic awnings replacement is not a difficult job to do all by yourself, as long as you know how to replace the Dometic awning.
Before you start, don’t hesitate to ask your friends and neighbors for help as the task at hand will require more than one person. Ensure you have all the accessories and the replacement parts of the new Dometic awning before you start.
Follow these steps for a hassle-free RV awning replacement procedure-
- The very first step to install a Dometic replacement caravan awning is to unscrew the existing, worn-out awning. Make sure that you do this carefully on both sides to ensure the entire frame comes off easily.
- Snap the bottom bracket off from the side of the coach. Again, this needs to be done for both sides.
- To begin with how to replace the Dometic awning fabric you can start sliding them out of the roller tube. If you are wondering where the extra help would be of use, you would realize now is the best time to get them involved.
- Remove the old mounting brackets from the caravan and install the new ones for the Dometic awning that you will be installing.
- Slide the two supporting arms into the fabric roller tube assembly.
- Once this structure is ready, it is good to be installed on the caravan. Note, you need to follow the removal procedure exactly backward to install the new Dometic awning.
- Start by sliding the poly cord into the Dometic awning rail located towards the top of the caravan.
- Slide it gently across, till it is fully placed in the Dometic awning rail.
- Make sure that you line up the support arms with the newly installed brackets. This will allow the arms to be attached to the brackets properly.
- Place the arms on the brackets once they have been properly aligned.
- Use a drill and/or a socket wrench to tighten the screws on the top of the mounting bracket.
- Remove the travel pin from each side of the roller tube. The travel pin prevents the torsion springs from unwinding until the awning is ready for use.
- The last step of the replacement is, to check whether the Dometic awnings fabric can be fully extended and retracted without any problem.
Hope it was an easy-to-understand how to install a roll-out awning on your caravan. It doesn’t take a lot of effort. Just make sure you have the right stuff, sufficient help, and some food and beverages to thank your friends for helping you out.