How To Change Awning Arms On Fiamma F45 Awning
There could be a myriad of reasons for changing the arms of the Fiamma F45 awning. Extended use, wear and tear, damage, rust, etc. are common causes which require the arm to be changed. Changing the arms does not require a lot of technical know how. With the right instructions and a little care, you can do it yourself. Obviously you won’t be able to do it on your own, so it is best if you have a friend along with you. 4 hands are definitely better than 2, and once the work is done, you can always treat your friend to a nice meal and a refreshing drink.
Here is a step by step guide for changing the arms of a Fiamma F45 awning.
- Use the provided level to fully extend the awning till the permissible length.
- Loosen the screws that hold the column in the front section. Once the screw is lose, you should be able to pull it out of the channel with a bit of initial effort.
- Remove the bolt from the dual shock absorber component.
- Loosen the bolt at the junction of the arm and the channel. This will make it easy to slide the arm out of the channel without much resistance.
- Now that the arm is free from the channel, fold it in half and insert the rubber ring to prevent it from straightening up again. Now move this folded arm towards the channel and keep it in place.
- Slowly move the arm out of the dual shock absorber and remove the spring. Be careful while handing the shock absorber component as mishandling can cause direct harm. With the spring removed, you should be able to free the arm from the component.
- Bring the new arm, place it in the dual shock absorber after inserting the spring. Tighten the bolt and remove the rubber ring to free the arm’s length completely.
- Insert the free end of the arm into the channel of the front section.
- Use the level to wind the awning in.
- Measure the distance of the arm’s junction in the channel and adjust accordingly in keeping with the distance in the main channel / rail. Once the adjustments have been done, tighten the screw / bolt on the arm and you should have a fully functional Fiamma F45 awning.
Check out the video below for a better understanding of the arms changing process.
If you have not bought a Fiamma F45 awning, then get one for yourself today. After all, you do deserve comfort on your road trips. Only the fortunate are able to carry the comfort of home along with them on their road trips.